"To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition."
- We believe great design is integral to a family’s quality of life.
- We believe great design is about living comfortably and authentically in one’s own space—regardless of how large or small that space may be.
- We believe great design ever evolves to reflect changing life circumstances.
- We believe great design is timeless and therefore the very embodiment of "green," sustainable practices.
- We believe great design can come from many sources.
- We believe the design industry is ripe for a change, and that HomePortfolio can be a catalyst for that change.
HomePortfolio is the world's leading directory of home design products. Our online library contains close to one million high-end products from 2,200 manufacturers and 100,000 retailers, and draws more than three million page views per month and four million visits per year.
We aim to create an online environment that celebrates and supports great design while at the same time makes it attainable for everyone—not just those with an unlimited budget. To this end, we celebrate interiors that have souls and homes that have hearts, and feature beautiful spaces that mix old, new, expensive and moderately priced pieces. By doing so, we hope to demystify the interior design process, while at the same time making it easier than ever for professional interior designers and design-savvy homeowners to find a common meeting place for collaboration and inspiration.
HomePortfolio Brought Interior Design to the Web
HomePortfolio was founded in the 1990s by Rolly Rouse and Tom Ashbrook, two friends from Yale with entrepreneurial spirits and an eagerness to stake their claim in the Internet land rush. While other design enthusiasts were tearing pages out of design magazines and dog-earing decorating books, they were creating the first ever online library of high-end home products—the type of products typically reserved for fancy Design Center showrooms that required a password and secret handshake before one would be granted admission.
HomePortfolio Continues to Pioneer
Fast forward a decade or so and a new management team, consisting of successful Internet executives, is brought in to take HomePortfolio to a whole new level.
- Comprehensive product database
HomePortfolio remains the most comprehensive online resource for homeowners and interior designers alike. Anyone who has ever used HomePortfolio to search for kitchen or bath items can attest to the breadth and depth of our offerings.
- Ability to sort, search, save and, if the mood strikes, purchase
The behind-the-scenes technology that drives the user experience is, in our minds, the epitome of great design. HomePortfolio users can sort and search products to their heart’s content, save the items they love in the interactive Home Design Portfolio and, should the time be right to make a purchase, simply "mouse over" the desired object to be taken right to the source.
- A commitment to showcasing the very best of "green," sustainable design
Firm in our belief that great design and "green" design need not be mutually exclusive, we are committed to showcasing the very best products made from sustainable, renewable resources. We know that when done right, "green" design yields vast benefits to your home, your health, and good old Mother Earth.
- Connecting Designers and Homeowners
We care deeply about the benefits of great design and consider it our mission to marry honest and talented design professionals with our affluent, design-savvy readers. We are so passionate about this that we offer this service free to designer and homeowner alike.
305 Walnut Street
Newton, MA 02460