Open Contemporary Green Home by Milton Tong
- Large accordion folding windows and doors admit light and breezes, while venting skylights are located for natural ventilation and light.
- Clerestory windows maximize natural light.
- All windows and skylights are Energy Star, Low E II double glazed.
- Future southern shade trellis will admit light in winter, block sun in summer.
- Radiant barrier is integral to roof sheathing.
- Cathedral ceiling / roof is insulated to R-30.
- Long span beams use engineer lumber to minimize old growth lumber.
- Red Western Cedar siding and Ipe decking is FSC certified from sustainably managed forests.
- Interior paints and varnishes are No-VOC.
- Recycled content materials, such as Vetrazzo used for countertop.
Other Room Photos in Lafayette Residence Remodel
Orinda Veranda and Cabana
Members Added This to These Idea Folders